Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall 2013: I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.

If you've seen The Devil is a Part-Timer from a few seasons ago, and thought, "I want a more fanservice-y version of that that's also worse," then have I got the show for you. The difference is that the Demon Lord and the Hero are real life figures and not just sent to another world. Also, it's adapted from one of those novels that has a really long title.
Image source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job
First off, the animation is pretty butt in I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. From what I can tell, it makes use of as many stills as it can and seemingly used all of its budget on the first segment, which wasn't even animated that well. I'm not a master of animation, nor can I typically tell whether something is anything other than really good or really bad animation, but this falls in the latter category. It's using a lot of the style I typically see in the Pokemon episodes I still watch (for the nostalgia). The basic premise is don't move your characters as much as possible and save all the money for the action shots, which I'm sure there will be many. Like when the old man flips the girl's skirt up.

The story itself is much less interesting than The Devil is a Part Timer as well, by sheer virtue of starting the story well enough after the Demon Lord is defeated/killed/written out. The interesting story is likely in the immediate aftermath, but that's not where the comedy is!

They play the show off to be like a game, and it might as well be. Everything is so unrealistic, it's comical and I might be more inclined to believe it if it was a video game story inside of an anime. But whatever.

Rating: 0/5

If this doesn't deserve a zero, I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment