Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall 2013: Infinite Stratos 2

It was at the moment Ichika said, "What? What is she mad about?" after Laura invited him to go to a festival with her that I realized I was done with this.
Image source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/infinite-stratos
I watched Infinite Stratos 1 during either dead week or finals week, which for me was a time where I didn't really want my entertainment to make me think. And think I did not during Infinite Stratos, because it's full of bubbly moe girls that clamber over themselves to get the attention of Ichika.

But I guess explaining the premise in brief is that there are these robots that only girls can pilot...Except Ichika! For reasons I can't remember, he can pilot one. I think it was because his sister (of course, a prodigy in every way and an attractive mid-30-something) invented the robot technology.

The show is complete fanservice fluff. While I was into that during finals and maybe two years ago, not as much now. Stuff like Kiniro Mosaic and Love Lab are a bit different, since it's girls hanging out, and I guess I haven't grown tired of that yet. But these harem shows are just too much for me now.

My own feelings aside, almost nothing happened during the episode. The whole thing was Ichika trying to tell everyone about a festival he wants to go to with them. The parts that weren't that were showcasing Laura and Charlette's skills as fighters, which was actually pretty cool. But not enough to carry an entire episode. The one glimpse of plot, of which I remember almost zero from the first season, amounted to about two and a half minutes of air time.

Rating: 1/5
Rating for me two years ago: 3.5?

No comments:

Post a Comment